Earthmill announces strategic merger with TGC Renewables
Agricultural wind turbine specialists, Earthmill Limited, have today announced the company’s merger with the wind energy division of Bristol-based TGC Renewables.
The merged business, which will be known as Earthmill (The Green Company), sees the creation of the largest distributor and installer of Endurance wind turbines globally and the UK’s biggest 50-225kw wind turbine installer with over 100 machines already installed. The merger is effective immediately.
With a sales and service area covering Yorkshire, Bristol, Wales and Scotland, as well as a presence in Devon and Cornwall, Earthmill will provide a complete portfolio of installation and maintenance services to customers based throughout the UK. The new company will also continue to act on behalf of its farming customers as an independent project developer within the medium-scale wind power industry.
Under the terms of the agreement, Earthmill will continue to operate dedicated regional teams to provide valuable and independent long-term advice and understanding of the opportunities available to local farmers and landowners from the renewable energy sector.
“Guiding farmers and landowners through the key stages of planning and financing of wind power development is an increasingly important service for would-be investors who are increasingly looking for impartial advice and support when considering either land rental opportunities or direct wind turbine investment,” explained Steve Milner, Managing Director of Earthmill.
“Today’s announcement is an important step, not only for the two companies involved in the merger, but also for the medium scale wind industry within the UK,” Mr Milner adds. “Earthmill is well known as the North’s leading agricultural wind turbine specialist, and our amalgamation with the wind energy division of TGC Renewables cements our position as the number one choice for farm-scale wind turbines across the whole of the UK. One of our key strengths and goals is to provide exceptional customer service, and this merger will enable us to offer an unparalleled level of service to even the most remote parts of the country.”
Glenn Johnson, CEO of Endurance Wind Power, added: “We warmly welcome today’s announcement as we believe a larger, and therefore stronger distributor will be able to provide our customers with even greater levels of service and quality. This in turn will match our own world-leading engineering standards. We look forward to working with all our UK partners, including Earthmill, as we press ahead with our plans to meet the UK’s rapidly rising demand for 50kW and 225kW farm-scale wind turbines.”
Speaking on behalf of TGC Renewables, Ben Cosh, Managing Director commented: “Founded in 2006, TGC Renewables is one of the most experienced energy developers in the UK, with specific expertise in retained project planning, finance and development. Our listing in the 2012 Sunday Times’ Fast Track awards reflects the company’s growth and is testament to our success within the industry.
“However, with over 350 megawatts of wind and solar energy initiatives currently in development, and with a pipeline of projects that continues to grow, it is critical that we dedicate sufficient management focus to each of these very different energy markets. In this respect, Earthmill and the wind energy division of TGC Renewables are perfectly matched, with the combined entity well positioned to deliver the highest possible level of service to our customers.”
About Earthmill Ltd:
- Founded in 2009 Earthmill have rapidly become the largest supplier of medium sized wind turbines to farms. Offering a full range of services from advice on turbine selection, siting, planning, installation and maintenance, Earthmill provide farmers and land owners with a complete solution backed up by exceptional customer service.
- Earthmill provide clients the option to purchase a turbine outright or offer a land lease option which provides an index linked income for 20 years together with reduced price electricity without taking on any of the risks of the project. For more information, visit www.earthmill.co.uk
About TGC Renewables:
- Founded in 2006, TGC Renewables is an independent, UK-based renewable energy project developer, focused on the wind and solar markets.
- Working directly with landowners and investors alike, the business implements renewable energy solutions that make both financial and environmental sense.
- In 2008 TGC Renewables was the first business to be accredited under the UK Department of Trade & Industry’s wind turbine MCS Scheme. In 2011, the business was shortlisted for Wind Energy Provider of the Year at the Renewable Energy Infrastructure Awards.
- In 2012, TGC Renewables connected over 25MW of wind and large-scale solar energy initiatives to the grid and was ranked number 12 in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 growth companies.
- In 2013, TGC Renewables already has over 350MW’s of wind and solar power in development. For more information, visit www.tgcrenewables.co.uk
Paul Jennings, Client Director, ABC Limited.
T: 01694 731914
M: 07515 260331
This news release can be downloaded directly from the ABC Press Centre at www.abccomms.co.uk